This topic is very popular in the health industry and it is vastly well discussed because of the massive influence it as on both the mental health and wellbeing of an individual. According to extensive researches carried out by multiple labs and research organizations worldwide, it is believed that every individual will experience one form of stress, anxiety attacks and depression at one point or the other in their lifetime.
Understanding what the symptoms are, accepting these disorders can be treated and looking for a professional help can go a long way in helping you get through the various stages easily.
In this article, I will be talking about ways to easily distinguish the various symptoms of stress, depression and anxiety, reduce the impact it as on your health and manage the situation properly in order to reduce or totally eliminate any form of damages it might cost you both physically and mentally.
Stress symptoms are sometimes not easy to spot on time until we at the breaking point but the most common symptoms include:
- High blood pressure, headaches, frequent cold and low energy
- Increased heart rate and chest pains
- Always feeling agitation, frustration and moody all the time
- Loneliness, low self-esteem and a feeling of being overwhelmed and out of control
- Loss of sexual desires and your willingness to socialize
- Dry mouth and difficulty in swallowing
- Changes in appetite and constant procrastination
If these stress symptoms are not taken seriously and well treated on time, might degenerate to larger health problems such as anxiety and depression.
Anxiety Attack Symptoms
Stress is the way the body responses to threats while anxiety on the other hand is a sustained mental disorder usually triggered by prolonged stress. Some of the symptoms of anxiety includes:
- Nervous feeling and a sense of impending danger, doom and panic
- Always feeling restless and tense which might also lead to sleepless night and lack of trust
- Increased heart rate and chest pain
- Always feeling very weak and low in energy
- Trouble on concentrating on any task as your mind keeps on withdrawing making you feel uninterested in anything.
- Having stomach upsets and stomach pain frequently
- Vomiting, fainting, sweating profusely and always trembling
- Feeling lonely and withdrawn from the world in general
These feeling of anxiety are more difficult to control and requires the immediate assistance of a professional and medical help to scale through.
Depression is usually caused after an individual experiences anxiety disorder for a long time without seeking for help or the proper treatment. And unlike other disorders like stress and anxiety attacks, depression tends to have little or no physical symptoms but the mental manifestation are very dangerous living the individual feeling hapless and a lack of will to live on.
Finding help for depression immediately is very important and although it might take time to fully rehabilitate the individual, it is the only way to face and conquer this kind of disorder.